Care for your Mulberry Silk Products
Love your mulberry silk too much to watch it go become worn down with every use? Here are some great careful tips to keep your charmeuse silk looking and feeling like new!
Don't feel like reading? Check out this 2 minute video on caring for silk wraps! Watch This Video
- Hand Wash (Dry Cleaning is Preferable)
- Use cold water and mild detergent.
- Soak the fabric for a short (5-10 minutes) will suffice
- Gently tap and and rub the fabric
- Rinse with new fresh water
- Use a small amount of fabric softener
- Rinse well in cold water.
- Never wring silk fabric, gently squeeze out excess water
- Lay flat to dry
2. Combating Wrinkles and Creases
- Dry cleaning is preferable however wrinkles can be easily removed by steaming or ironing. Iron on low / silk setting on the backside of the fabric only.
- Always use a cloth between you silk scarves and the iron.
- Do not Iron on damp fabric
- Do not spray or wet silk while ironing as this may damage the fabric and cause permanent stains
Silk is a very delicate fabric and tends to crease very easily. To avoid ironing, store your silk scarves in a mild cold environment. If you are not using your scarf, neatly fold it to avoid excessive creasing. Store your scarves in a breathable fabric bag if you are traveling or do not intend to use your scarves for long periods. It is best to avoid using plastic because they may seal in moisture and ruin the fabric.